Terms and Conditions
1) We normally request full payment, including postage and packing with your order for stock items. A deposit of 25% of the estimated price is payable on 'specials'.
2) Payment can be accepted in cash, cheque, credit card, or bankers draft. Overseas transfers might carry a small handling charge.
Goods are normally sent within 24 hours of receiving the order, to UK destinations. We will inform you of any delays of which we are aware.
Due to the recent changes in the royal mail system for charging, the figures quoted below can only be approximate. It is only possible to determine these after an order has been packed, when it is too late to change the indicated charge. In the last two months since the new pricing came into practice, it has been found that the number of packets that have been under charged is about the same as those that have been overcharged. For this reason, the armoury will cover under charging and we regret that our customers may have to put up with a slightly higher transport charge in a few cases.
|1st Class Post||Weight||Cost|
|Up to 1Kg||£0.50 - £5.60|
|Next working day||Up to 5Kg||£13.20|
|5.1 - 15Kg||£15.00|
|Over 15Kg||Please call|
We do not insure the contents unless requested to do so at your expense. If a package goes astray, we will do our best to chase it up, but we cannot guarantee to replace it. Overseas customers are supplied via a courier service. Delivery times and costs have to be determined individually for each overseas despatch.
3) The use to which any item or product supplied is put, is entirely up to the purchaser. Armchair Armoury Ltd., its employees, agents or associates, cannot accept any liability for injury or damage, howsoever caused by the goods supplied.
4) It is a fact of life that steel is prone to rust. Some of the rings that we do not manufacture ourselves, have started a surface rust when we receive them, batches do vary in this respect. Where possible we try to clean them up and give them a thin coat of oil, before despatch to you, but we cannot guarantee that there will be no signs of corrosion when you receive them. If you do receive such a batch, surface rust can easily removed by shaking the rings together with some White Spirit and a little light oil in a suitable container (old paint tin), pouring off the liquid for safe disposal and drying the washed rings off in the open air on an old piece of cloth. The electro-plated rings should be rust free when you receive them, but if you allow them to stay in contact with water for some time, it is possible that rust may be promoted through minute cracks that can occur in the plating. We recommend that whatever the finish of your armour, it is dried and cleaned after every outing, lightly sprayed with WD40 and rolled up in a lightly oiled cloth for storage.
5) We reserve the right to change materials, prices, finishes and conditions, at any time, without prior notice being given.