Square Section Rings
We always have quantities of square section commercial spring washers in stock. These are commonly used to construct chainmail and ringmail garments and patches.
We also carry stocks of the above washers that have been electro plated or chemically treated to produce other finishes.
- Worn Steel = Oil quenched steel
- Bright Silver = Bright nickel plated
- Golden Mesh = Brass plated
- Copper Bronze = Copper plated
- Dry Black = Chemically coated carbon steel (water resistant)
Note that some metals are irritants, therefore it is strongly recommended that metal armour is not worn against the skin.
Round Section Rings
The Armchair Armoury produces all of its mandrel-wound round section rings in its workshop. The rings are wound with the ends slightly overlapped so that a tight butted join is achieved after they have been assembled. Stock sizes are 6mm, 8mm and 10mm. Other sizes from 5mm to 15mm may be made on request, so long as the required quantities make a viable economic proposition.
- HS3 High Tensile Spring Steel = 6mm ID, 1.2mm wire, 8mm ID and 10mm ID, 1.6mm wire
- 302 Stainless Steel = 6mm ID, 1.2mm wire, 8mm ID and 10mm ID, 1.6mm wire
- Pure Brass = 6mm, 8mm, 10mm ID, 1.6mm Spring Brass Wire
- Phosphor-Bronze = 6mm, 8mm, 10mm ID, 1.6mm Spring Brass wire
- Aluminium Alloy = 8mm, 10mm ID, 1.6mm Spring Aluminium wire
- Oil Blackened = HS3 High Tensile Spring Steel = 6mm ID, 1.2mm wire, 8mm ID and 10mm ID, 1.6mm wire that has been chemically treated to give a tough black finish ring
All of the Steel
suitable for full contact re-enactment garments, or for items that need
to be tough and durable. Brass
be used for decoration only and not in large patches that will be
exposed to combat or similar stress. Aluminium
is only suitable for LARP,
Stage/Film, Show armour, Children’s garments and other light
weight uses. It should never
be used in combat.
By the use of different rings and materials, attractive pictures and designs can be created.
Prices per 1000 Rings
|Size||Worn Steel||Bright Silver||Golden Mesh||Copper Bronze||Dry Black||Approx Weight|
|4mm||£3.50||n/a||£7.50||£7.25||n/a||150g per 1000|
|5mm||£3.50||£7.00||£8.00||£7.25||n/a||310g per 1000|
|6mm||£5.25||£6.50||£9.00||£7.00||£9.00||360g per 1000|
|8mm||£6.50||£9.30||£10.00||£9.50||£12.00||770g per 1000|
|12mm/500||£7.00||£12.00||£14.00||£12.00||£9.00||900g per 500|
Prices per 1000 Rings
Also available in bags of 500 at £10.50.
Also available in bags of 500 at £12.50.